Thursday, January 24, 2008

Speed Up Firefox Responsiveness

I saw this tip on the How-to Geek a few days ago and it seemed like something I'd already implemented before (I don't remember where I learned that tip back then), and when I got home to try it out, turns out I had already implemented it.

My Firefox is already running pretty slick and fast, so I can't remember how much of it was because of this, but this tweak is supposed to increase responsiveness by letting you access greater areas of a page while it is still loading.


To implement, just type "about:config" in the address bar, and then type "content.switch.threshold" in the Filter. The default value is "750000." Just right-click the string and Modify it, and change the value to "1000000."

Source: The How-To Geek

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: