Friday, February 1, 2008

Minimize Icons in System Tray

This is something I'd already done months ago, but to save time I'd rather point to a well-written and comprehensive article from Help2Go about how to remove icons from your system tray.

While to me the most important thing about the system tray is to make sure you don't have too many applications running at once anyway (which is why I personally frown on too many small productivity applications running at once), there is still something you can do for the system tray apps that you just can't get rid of.

For the record, 90% of the time the only icons that populate my system tray (along with the clock) is Miranda, AVG anti-virus, volume, Ultramon, and my ubiquitous autohotkey Hotkeys script. But using the hide feature like shown in the Help2Go article, Miranda's the only one that's always showing.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: