Monday, March 24, 2008

iGoogle To-Do List Hack For New Entries

A few days ago I referred to a weird and almost crippling bug regarding Matt McCarthy's To-Do-List Gadget for iGoogle, in which it was suddenly impossible to add new entries or cross off/delete old ones (i.e. the list became read-only.)

I brought the issue up on the gadget's homepage, and saw that other people were having the same problems. Matt, the author, even left a comment on my original review to let me know that he's looking in on the problem.

Meanwhile, however, I've found a temporary fix to the problem. I don't know if you knew, but To-Do-List can actually handle multiple lists, potentially for different categories of to-do's. You can access these other lists by hitting the menu button and clicking "Edit Settings."

Now, if you were to switch to a different list from the one that's stuck, you should be able to add/remove entries as needed. This is slightly annoying for people who use multiple lists (I don't, but I might start a separate lists for blog entry ideas), but for those who don't, this is a perfectly working solution now to, again, an otherwise great application.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: