Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Alt-Printscreen Takes Screenshot of Active Window

You may remember that I'd been having trouble taking screenshots of my desktop with three monitors connected using the PrintScreen button, which is a major disadvantage when doing a blog such as mine. I was able to get some sort of compromise by disabling two of my monitors when taking the shot, but even that's a pretty big hassle (and I have yet to find a screen captor program I liked).

Luckily, I've found a solution that works much better for me:

Did you know that you can hit ALT-PrintScreen to take a screenshot of just the active window?

As with normal Printscreen, doing so sends the screenshot into the Clipboard, ready to be pasted into your favorite graphics program.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: