Saturday, April 26, 2008

Save as Multi-Page PDF in Photoshop!

I just recently completed doing storyboards for a close friend's high school football feature screenplay, and I did them all using my Wacom Cintiq and Photoshop. By the end of the long process (I'm not particularly fond of storyboards myself... they're still a lot of work to draw, and they don't have the motion of animatics), I had about 50 PSD's that I needed to deliver to him. And what better way than a PDF?

I'd always known that you could save a file to PDF in Photoshop, which is my preferred method to get something sent to print (as these boards would eventually be). But I could never figure out how to save multiple pages as one file. I know you can do this if you have Adobe Acrobat, but I don't, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that there's such a way to do it all in Photoshop!

Photoshop blog Wipeout 44 had the answer:


Once you've got all your separate image files saved up (as jpeg, PSD, etc), just go to File>Automate>PDF Presentation.




Then just click Browse, and select all the files you want included. You can then tweak the order of the pages by dragging the different entries up and down.

When you're ready to go, save as a Multi-Page Document, select your PDF settings, and you're done! Photoshop opens all the files one at a time and compiles you one nice PDF, ready to send out.

Add this to your knowledge of Automated Tasks in Photoshop, and you've just saved yourself hours of menial, noncreative labor!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this tip was extremely thankful, thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AWESOME, you saved me a HUGE headache! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Brill, many thanks.

angela said...

brilliant! clear & concise, saved me half a day. Thankyou :)