Sunday, May 4, 2008

Stop Waiting 3 Seconds to Install your Firefox Extensions!

This is one of those tweaks that I'd always wanted to get over with and fix on my configuration of Firefox already but was too lazy to look up. That is, until today, when I saw Lifehacker post the solution from an article on the blog Daily Gyan.

The problem, of course, regards having to wait three seconds whenever you try to install firefox extensions, before you can actually click the Install button. Since you ARE installing software on your machine, I suppose it's good for novices to have that extra safeguard on there, but if you're more of a power user, you'd rather save those precious seconds.

Simply, enter about:config into your address bar, find the entry called security.dialog_enable_delay and change its value to 0 (from the default of 2000). Here's a screenshot of my configuration:


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: