Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Microsoft Extends XP Installation Support Until 2010



Because of the increased demand and supply of compact laptops like the Asus EEE PC, Microsoft has conceded to distributing Windows XP as late as 2010, according to the New York Times.

This'll put a damper on Microsoft's hope to get Vista to catch on, especially since the next edition of Windows, Windows 7, should be out by 2010 anyway. Oops!

I've been with Windows XP since 2002, and have used the same OEM installation CD even until now (sure, I've reinstalled many times), and have always advocated it as a great OS. Obviously many other people think so as well.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!

I m also a Windows XP user...I ve been using it for last 7-8 years...It is the best operating system...I ve used Vista also but Xp is XP..No ohet operating system can compete with windows Xp in performance as Windows XP is user frndly.

Jenny