Sunday, June 15, 2008

Snap Your Mouse to the Appropriate Window Button

Lifehacker recently showcased a screencast demonstrating Window's Snap To feature for your mouse. Using this, your mouse snaps to the most likely default button in a window (like Save, or OK), thereby saving your mouse and wrist a little bit of mileage at a time.

To get this option, just go to your control panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Snap To.

I just turned this option on now and am finding it funny to adjust to. If you're like me, you like to wiggle the mouse when you first lay your hand on it to better locate where the pointer is. Doing this inevitably throws it off the default button. I'm going to have to teach myself to just hold the mouse in place and left click; I'll keep you updated on whether or not I keep this option on indefinitely.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: