Friday, July 4, 2008

Firefox Download Day a Complete Success, Otherwise


 Yeah, I still remember how Firefox 3's Download Day got off on a shaky start when its servers promptly collapsed at its designated start time due to massive server overload. I remember how it needed its clock restarted an hour and a half later. But I also remember successfully downloading the new browser before the day was done, and just recently, I got this in my email:




Download Day 2008

We did it!



We set a Guinness World Record for the most software downloads in 24 hours. With your help we reached 8,002,530 downloads.



You are now part of a World Record and the proud owner of the best version of Firefox yet!



Don't forget to download your very own certificate for helping set a Guinness World Record.



This was known already almost as soon as Download Day ended, but I guess it wasn't officially recognized by Guinness until recently. Regardless, I got my certificate (can't print it out as I don't have any ink). I'm kinda disappointed that the certificate was a fill-in-the-blank as opposed to an official custom image, maybe with some part that said when exactly that day I downloaded it (I dunno how they'd've tracked that), but otherwise, I know I'm not cheating myself on this one.



Did you get your certificate?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: